An International Space Station propagandize hit has been
planned Dec 6, 2012 with participants during Kline School, Costa Mesa, California.
The eventuality is scheduled to start during approximately 20:00 UTC, that is 21:00 CEWT.
The hit will be operated by IK1SLD, located in Casale Monferato, northern Italy. Interested parties in Europe are invited to listen to dowlink signals on 145.800 MHz FM.
The hit will be promote on EchoLink AMSAT (node 101 377) and JK1ZRW (node 277 208) Conference servers, as good as on IRLP Discovery Reflector 9010.
Kline School is a tiny private propagandize portion children ages 5 to 14.
Each of a classrooms accommodates an normal of 8-10 students and is versed with SMART Boards and networked computers. All students have entrance to record 100% of a time regulating personal computers and laptops during their particular desks. Using Kline School’s web-based curriculum students investigate space exploration, space technologies, and pledge radio communications. A special concentration is a year-long investigate of a Apollo program. Students attend meaningfully in discussions about a story and growth of a International Space Station. Using a N.A.S.A. website they learn about a required adaptations to vital in space. We consider of a ARISS hit as a genuine universe focus of a students’ studies of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Participants will ask as many of a following questions as time allows:
1. Mattie: Were we already a HAM user before going into space or did we learn so we could turn partial of a ARISS program?
2. Brandon: How do we re-position a ISS if we need to change a circuit or evasion some space junk?
3. Isaac: Are we available to pierce about a space hire during will or do some areas need clearance?
4. Evan: Is there a math judgment that when we were training it we pronounced ‘What will we ever use this for’ that we now find yourself regulating frequently aboard a space station?
5. Samara: What specialized training do we accept to ready for EVAs?
6. Tyler: If we were means to see a solar obscure on Nov 13-14, what did it demeanour like?
7. Rishi: Are any aircraft within a earth?s atmosphere manifest and if so, is this of any value?
8. Elias: As we applaud a 40th anniversary of a final lunar alighting mission, Apollo 17, what achievements do we expect us celebrating 40 years from now?
9. Aviv: When we work on projects with astronauts from other countries do a denunciation differences means any problems?
10. Sergei: In your giveaway time, have we ever done an critical ‘accidental’ discovery?
11. Mary Grace: What is a puncture medical devise for a critical illness or injury?
12. Alan: Is it formidable to regulate to walking in 1-G on earth after months in micro-gravity?
13. Mattie: Are we means to see sharpened stars?
14. Brandon: Do a 30 second durations of lightness aboard a ‘Vomit Comet’ sufficient ready we for a prolonged durations of microgravity?
15. Isaac: If we could write your possess space mission, what would it be?
16. Evan: Are there any experiments that started with a Apollo module that we are still carrying out today?
17. Samara: When behaving Crew Earth Observation experiments, do we see any continue phenomena that are undetectable from earth?
18. Tyler: Are a computers aboard a ISS like a PCs and MACs or are they some-more sophisticated?
19. Rishi: Do we entrance a Internet a same approach we do on earth?
20. Elias: If there is a solar light event, do we take special precautions?
ARISS is an general educational overdo module partnering a participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA, and CSA, with a AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating countries.
ARISS offers an event for students to knowledge a fad of Amateur Radio by articulate directly with crewmembers onboard a International Space Station. Teachers, relatives and communities see, initial hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can vitalise youngsters’ seductiveness in science, record and learning.
Gaston Bertels, ON4WF